Developing Positive Assertiveness
DURATION: 1 DAY
Developing Positive Assertiveness Make positive assertiveness a productive force in your life. This course will help you examine your posture, language, and attitude while learning to deal openly with others. Find your natural style of communication. Use assertive words appropriately and take charge of your life.
This course is for anyone that needs to develop their assertiveness skills and improve communication with others.
There are no prerequisites for this course
Module 1: How to develop positive assertiveness
• Three basic behaviour styles
• Can behaviours change?
Module 2: Ensuring successful change
• The five P’s of successful change
• Are you using the right maps?
• Self-fulfilling prophecy
• Positive mental imagery
• Programming yourself for success
Module 3: Feelings: The emotional module of assertiveness
• The emotions of assertiveness
• Choice and win-win relationships
• Talking about feelings
Module 4: Changing your behaviours
• Choosing assertive words carefully
• Body-language signals
• Stop signs and green lights
Module 5: Expanding your assertiveness
• Four assertive styles
• Sending assertive messages
• Identifying styles to enhance communication
Module 6: Assertive power steps
• Four steps to assertive communication
Module 7: Assertive confrontation
• Defining the problem
• Five tools for a successful confrontation
• Active listening
• Goals for the present and future
• Giving yourself credit for the successThis form is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later.